Monday 13 March 2017

Losing my marbles......

This week I'm going to find my marbles!!!!
And use them to create unique one off background papers ! Over the week I will share the results of my playing and will explain the technique of how I created them.
Today's samples show the basic technique and how easy it is to make you're own with very little supplies and  a little fun.
The first card features just one ink colour and the second shows that you can add another and create some fun backgrounds.
To create the background all you need are about 10 marbles, reinkers, card stock and a box with a lid.
In the box drop 4 to 6 drops of reinker and then add the marbles. I added a small run of snail, Stampin Ups tape runner, to the back of the piece of card and stuck it to the lid of the box. Next the lid , with the card in place, is put onto the box and the fun begins ! Now roll the marbles around to get inked up then flip the box over and allow the marbles to run over the card. You can shake rattle and roll the box to create the pattern. when happy take the card of the lid and admire your handy work. You can then add another colour reinker and repeat to create more pieces of unique backgrounds. The colours I have used today are Cucumber crush and Watermelon wonder from the out going In-colors from Stampin' Up!






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations this technique is so simple and so much fun. I love card making and designing my own backgrounds / DSP.
    It makes the creation very unique and yours totally. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, I love the effect, and it's something I've not heard of, so thanks so much for sharing, I now need to find my marbles! Xxx

    ReplyDelete