Friday 8 September 2017

Sponging - Day 5

For my last project this week, I've been very subtle.
I made a Thick Whisper White card base, added a Bermuda Bay mat.



This very simple card was first stamped onto Glossy White cardstock with Versamark using the Flirty Flowers stamp set. Then heat embossed using Clear embossing powder.
I have a thing about Poppies, so I first tried by sponging the flowers in red 
but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted so started again.


I used Pool Party Ink Pad and randomly sponged all over the image and 
wiped off the excess from the flowers with a tissue. 
I don't mind that it shows the fading where I didn't sponge as much as the rest.

 

The sentiments were from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.


They're not red but I do like the simplicity of the white flowers and leaves. 

  

As I said earlier, a very simple card but I rather like the effect it has.


No comments:

Post a Comment